- By John
- October 22, 2021
A link shortener or a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) shortener in its simplest form is a tool that truncates a long link or URL.
This is actually a technique to cut a long string of hard to memorize URL into short and sweet and easy to remember. The prime reason to do so is that as in this modern era, almost every business is getting on the tips, and individuals are coming up with smarter ways to make their corporates efficient and promote their businesses to the top.
Assistance in this step is the Clipit.pro that helps in making your website links more eye-catching so that you can share them easily on social platforms.
A link shortener works for a Web Server function called a readdress or redirect (URL redirection). Actually, the new link (the short URL) redirects the users to the old link (the long URL).
When the user enters a URL on a Search Engine, an HTTP command is sent to the Web server, commanding it to fetch and transmit the requested Web page. The server may return with any of the series of HTTP response codes, including the following:
– 301: (permanent) this points out that the resources have moved permanently.
– 302: (temp) Returns a temporary redirect status.
– 303: (see other) this status shows that resources have been replaced.
Benefits of link shortener
A link shortener of a URL shortener is considered worthwhile for the web culture and the internet’s growth. Some of the advantages that you should know are briefly given below:
Which is the best URL shortener?
Nobody wants to even click on the link that is so long not to fit in the character count. That’s why people choose the Links to be short to get a better user experience for both customers and social media followers. Here are some of the best-known URL shorteners, which you should know:
Another plus point it offers is that the provided short link never expires, which means your content will be available forever. And this tool is the world’s cheapest tool with many Premium Features. With this tool, you can create custom-branded links that do not expire. You can create a bulk of links and then share them on social media with just one click. In addition to this, some more features are offered along like:
Add Custom Domain, Link management, traffic routing, analytics, domain name management, collaboration.
2. Bitly: This link shortener is the most famous one amongst its kind. The probable reason is that it does not require an account to use it.SEO tools
3. Rebrandly: A perfect tool as a URL shortener to customize and brand your website to make it stand out in the digital world of competition. This tool starts by setting up a site domain name for you to use every time with every shortened link created.
4. T2M: It is a full-service link shortener with all the statistics and activities of your link to analyze. With this tool, you can create custom-branded links that do not expire. You can also create a bulk of links and then share them on social media with just one click.
Which one to choose?
Many link shorteners are available, to choose the right one depends upon your requirements like budget, how many links and how much traffic generated using the shortened link and most of all the purpose of the URL like is it a social media link, for affiliate marketing, for social branding, etc.
The use of a URL shortener has become significant in modern-day promotional activities of the contents. People remember content that is to the point, short, and easy to share. Choose the one that suits your needs.
Thank you for reading